The color therapy which is also known as chromo therapy, colorology or cromatherapy. It has been known for eons of time that color plays a major role in setting up a particular mood or state of mind.
Color does affect one’s feelings, moods, and emotions. Colors are certain wavelengths of electro-magnetic energy seen through our eyes. The color we see is the part of the visible spectrum that is reflected back by a certain object. We know that when all colors join the result is white light. Therefore working with White Light brings about completeness, oneness, and union of all complementary parts.
Color light energy affects all living cells. Used in the right way, color can have a profound and healing effect on all creation, human or otherwise. It is a well known scientific fact that everything has a vibration that is to say that all things have their own vibration/frequency, and that includes us!
How Colors Affect Us:
- Color is one of the languages of the soul, just look at inspired or meditative paintings.
- They influence our mood and emotions.
- They have their impact on our sense of well-being or un-easiness.
- Using and avoiding certain colors is a way of self-expression; it sheds light on our personality.
- Colors affect our way of perception (light colors make a space look big, a high ceiling looks less high when painted in a dark color, etc.)
- Colors have a symbolic meaning which is immediately recognized by our subconsciousness. It must be said that not all colors mean the same to all persons and all cultures.
- They influence the flow and amount of energy in our bodies.
- Colors tell something about biological attraction and sexual availability.
There are many different ways of giving color, including; Solarized Water, Light boxes/lamps with color filters, color silks and hands on healing using color. Color therapy is distinct from other types of light therapy, such as ultraviolet blood irradiation, which are scientifically-accepted medical treatments for a number of conditions and from photobiology, the scientific study of the effects of light on living organisms. Nothing on this earth is here just by chance; everything in nature is here for a purpose. Color is no exception. All we need to do is to heighten our awareness of the energy of color and how it can transform our lives. A professional therapist will help you to do this. The capacity for health and wellbeing is within us all.